Stunning white sand beaches and an amazing underwater world make Maldives an obvious choice for a true holiday of a lifetime. Maldives has option for both budget & luxury holidays.
Tourist visa is issued to a visiting foreign national, who does not have the intention for employment. A foreign national visiting the Maldives on tourist visa will get 30 days from the date of entry.
- Tourists are required produce the following documents upon arrival.
- A passport/travel document that is valid for at least 1 month.
- A valid ticket to continue your journey out of the Maldives within the stipulated time frame
- Enough funds to cover the cost of your stay in Maldives. (US$100 + US$50 per day) or a confirmation of reservation in a Tourist Resort or a Hotel
- Climate of the Maldives is sunny, warm and humid throughout the year with occasional showers of tropical rain.
- Average temperature is between 29 – 32 degrees Celcius.
- Rainy and Windy, usually from May to September. Warm and dry , from November to April.
What to wear
- Due to the warm climate in the Maldives it is ideal to wear cotton clothing.
- Government regulations do not allow public nudity.
- When visiting inhabited islands and the capital city it is recommended to wear modest clothing, especially women.
- Dhivehi is the spoken language but English is widely spoken by Maldivians.
- Staff in the resorts speaks variety of languages including English, French, Italian, German, Japanese etc.
- By law, it is prohibited to import firearms, drugs, alcoholic beverages, pornographic materials and idols of worship.
- Alcoholic beverages are available only in resorts.